Sunday, July 20, 2014

About Pure Romance: Ask Me Anything

Hello Everyone!  My name is Jamila Jones and I am a Pure Romance consultant located in New Haven, CT.

I created this blog in hopes that any and all questions you may have will assist you in joining my team and becoming a Pure Romance Consultant.

HOW IT ALL STARTED

Well I didn't start with Pure Romance in the beginning. The original company I joined called Slumber Parties.  One of my best friends, Shaunquetta Johnson, invited me to my first ever "naughty" party.  I had never been to one because I thought they were going to be raunchy and tasteless. To my surprise it was NOTHING like I thought it would be. The consultant was very classy and tasteful, dressed professionally and educated me on more than just "sex toys". That's when I KNEW that it was the business for me.  A couple of hours of FUN and I could add on to my income?  Why not? A year later, Slumber Parties was bought by Pure Romance and that's how I ended up as a PR consultant.

My Best Friend of Over 25 Years (More Like My Sister)
Shaunquetta Johnson

MY WHY

The job I was working was very long hours.  I was a shuttle driver for Yale University.  I worked a 7pm to 3am shift.  You know what they say "take what you can to get your foot in the door".  I did exactly that. Well that foot cost me an arm and a leg with regards to time being spent with my family and working on my business.  I wasn't able to see the income I had been striving to get in the beginning.  Not only was time becoming an issue but I started to realize: I don't like working for people.  I heard about consultants working their business full time and decided to give it a shot.  So, I left my job and now Pure Romance is my FULL TIME source of income.  I am my OWN boss!  Has it been easy? NO. But I can't say that it's been extremely difficult either.  Just as with ANY job, you need to WORK in order to get paid.


My LAST Full Time job!

MY DAILY WORK

Parties are not the ONLY thing you do as  a consultant.  There's selling, recruiting and business management.  Think of yourself as a store owner.  You have to make sure you have products for people to purchase, market yourself and your business, keep track of your income and expenses and if it gets overwhelming you hire help.  That's the same with my Pure Romance business.  I go to fun ladies nights, I play games, answer questions etc. but I also make sales and conduct interviews for potential consultants.  When the parties are over, I go home and order products for my clients (yes we call them clients and not customers), I calculate what I've spent vs what I've earned, make bank deposits...all the things business owners do.  When I'm not "working", I'm passing out business cards or telling someone about my business or booking parties with people who have never even heard of the company at all.  Time Management is the essence of this! Even with all I do, I still have the time to spend with my kids, take trips, attend team meetings and have ME time whenever I want.

The way I look when I "work" at home :)

MY FIRST PARTY

Honestly..my first party wasn't too bad.  I invited well over 50 people and to be quite honest only 6 showed up and only 4 ordered anything. I was 'kinda' nervous but I got through it and laughed and joked and ended up with $250 in sales for my first night. Not bad right? At that time I had a 35% discount so $87.50 went into my pocket.  Now, a year and 6 months later, my discount is 50%.  So on a party of $400, $200 goes back into my pocket and more if I have products on hand.  I choose what I want to restock and how much I want to keep in my pocket. The joys of being a business owner!

My Table Set Up for and In Home Party 
(Before the Bedroom Accessories)

DO I ALWAYS DO PARTIES?

I don't always do inhome parties.  I often do Vendor Events.  I find this is a GREAT way to get your business out to others and get new parties on your calendar outside of people you know or are related to.  Everyone says "I wouldn't be good at it because I don't know anyone".  This is a way for you to get out and meet new people.  A vendor event is basically and indoor (sometimes outdoor) flea market.  You set up your table and people come by, look at your products, ask questions and you explain your business to them.  You focus on how fun it is, maybe even have a dice game available that if they roll they get a free something. Women LOVE free! Bridal Expos are an even greater event to partake in as you are seeing a bunch of women who are getting married soon or have friends/family who are getting married and are looking for gifts for their bridal party or fun bachelorette party ideas! 

My Table Set Up for a Vendor Fundraising Event
Fitch High School in Groton, CT

Being in this business is one of the BEST moves I've made in a very LONG time.  The ability to be able to work when I want and play when I want and everything is paid with cash is what really pushes me forward in my business.  I LOVE my freedom! 

If you have any questions, please ask! I'm here to answer all of your questions. Please keep them PG-13 as this is not a private blog. 


Interested in becoming a consultant or hosting your own party you can contact me directly:

Jamila Jones - Romance Enhancement Consultant
(917) 409-6204



No comments:

Post a Comment